• HE CAME AS A LIGHT (John 12:46). No one anymore has to be left fumbling around in the darkness of disillusionment, despair or doubt.
• HE CAME AS LIVING BREAD (John 6:35). Bread sustains our natural bodies, but the bread that Jesus offers sustained our spirits forever.
• HE CAME AS A SERVANT. Not to do his will, but to do the will of his Father in heaven (John 6:38). What an example! Even in his power and might, he modeled servanthood and obedience to us, living a life perfectly in time with the heart beat of his Father.
• HE CAME TO DIVIDE (John 10:34). There are no grey areas with Jesus. You’re either on his side or on the other side.
• HE CAME TO FULFIL (matt 5:17)! There was much debate about the religious laws laid down by Moses. Jesus was not moving the Old Testament goalposts, he merely came to score a New Testament goal.
• HE CAME TO SAVE SINNERS (1 Tim 1:15). That means me, you and everybody else who ha s ever lived or who is living today. His name actually means ‘He Saves’. He may have been a carpenter by trade, but he operated in the business of saving lives from the penalty of sin - death.
• HE CAME WITH AN INVITATION for us to turn our lives inside out (Mark 2:17). He didn’t address those who thought they were spiritually-fit, but went out inviting ones who knew they were sin-sick.
• HE CAME AS A RANSOM (Matt 20:28). He gave away his life in exchange for the many who are held captive to sin. He paid the ultimate price to see multitudes set free without having to pay a penny themselves.
• HE CAME TO DIE (John 12:27). Every single moment of Jesus’ 33 years on this earth was pointing to hour of his death. If he hadn’t have died, then we wouldn’t be able to live out the life we were originally created to live before sin ruined it all.
• HE CAME AS KING to rule and reign for evermore (John 18:37). No political spin or dictatorship involved. He just came to proclaim the truth and said it as it is.
• HE CAME TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL (1 John 3:8). Sin and sickness, poverty and strife, death and everything else that stands against the people of God have all been dealt with at the cross where Jesus died. The devil has been disarmed.
• HE CAME SO THAT WE COULD LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX (John 10:10). None of this ‘half empty - half full’ stuff. Believers of Christ can experience not only a full quota of life, but a life that overflows into others’.
Jesus is here. Born as a little babe. A King. Righteous and Just.
Loving and accepting. Jesus is here.
I will praise Your name forever.
Merry Christmas. Merry, Merry Chrsitmas. My Saviour is here. Your Saviour is here. OUR Saviour is here. HALLELUJAH!
Why we rely on others to make us happy to the point of no longer knowing who we are or what we mean when we are alone, to the point of not being able to speak to someone unless we are trying convince them they have our approval. As though our need for them was based on their need for us, as…
I trust in you for life to live, and air to breath. Purity fills my lungs. I no longer live in solitude. No longer bound. My heart beats with great devotion. This is the start to a new beginning. On my knees praying for mercy. Hands raised high, humble and broken. Wanting your grace. Wanting your security. Memories of laying facedown, motionless, with such a hollow feeling inside. Soon I would end this life I was living. I am just a man with a heart and sinful hands. I am a fallen victim. Lord, show me the way. I ask of you Father, let my words be your words. Let my thoughts be your thoughts. To you, I give my praise. Show me the way. Take me in your arms. Never let me go. Lord, show me the way, as I give myself to you. Never let me go. Hold me with your everlasting love.
Be my strength. Be my voice. Be my glory… Set. Me. Free.
distancing yourself from the ones who care about you? blowing them off, when they’ve been there for you…for years.
for what? a new high? a new friend who seems to have it all together? who hangs out with the cool people, with the right crowd? who wears her hair a certain way, who dresses a certain way and parties? that’s her, not you. open your eyes. for TWO seconds and see that you’re on a spiral downward. you’re becoming exactly who you said you DIDN’T want to be…
the really painful side effect of being a part of youth with a mission is falling in love with a country and the people in it—because when you let those people in, they become a part of you. and in ywam, people are constantly moving from one place to the next, spreading God’s love to every tribe…